Thursday, March 10, 2011

Push The Button, Start The Show

I've been listening to a lot of Shabazz Palaces lately. The beats are fucking killer, the not-so-hidden misogyny is making me a bit angers. oh, the angers. Really? Really. Really.  Yes. I'm still listening to it. Where do I go from here? A lot of music that i like makes me cringe and twitch and burf and such. The only group I really can't listen to anymore after a song making me twitch hard is The Dismemberment Plan. I wish I  paid more attention to lyrics. One day I actually heard the words to "Girl O'Clock' and realized that the song was all about excusing rape as a sexualized fantasy that is totally understandable and reasonable and not a violent act. then i started listening to more of their lyrics and realized that a lot of it is a lot of the same. So, Fuck 'em. For whatever reason i still listen to a lot of other fucked up music, I just couldn't get past that one. Y'know what I really can't fucking stand right now? the uplifting and idealizing of rape and rape culture. yep. that one.

The toddler's had a few late nights, so I'm sure I'm pretty screwed for getting any sleep myself the next couple of nights. Too many visits from and to pals the past few days. All visits have been good and wild and free. some with more whiskey and homebrew wine than others. On that note, the beer seems to be working. i mean, fuck, it'd better be, it's made from a goddamn kit. which i am ever-so-disappointed about. but, like the feral pal said "so, what you're saying is, it might actually work?" when i broke the news to him that no, our first joint homebrew project wasn't going to be all barley roasted from the 10-gallon stash food not bombs gave me a year ago 'cause they couldn't use it, hops stolen from neighbours yards and yeast from dumpstered fruit rinds.

that's going to be the second batch. :D

Also, man, I hate a LOT of things. and  LOT of people, but there's a special place in my heart for the way I hate rapists. and fuck it, I AM going to sit down and start a project of writing out a stand up comedy routine mocking all of the people who have ever raped me and my friends (if they consent to their story being told/alluded to). and it's going to make a lot of people very uncomfortable. and i might never stop smoking again. and it's going to be really fucking funny. and hopefully, will make more sense (read: be in any way linear) than this blog. I'll be taking resumes for editors within the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment